Logistics Engineer – Defence
Noventus has a growing order book of projects across Australia primarily within the Defence domain. In particular, we are now seeking a permanent fulltime Logistics Engineer in Adelaide.
The primary focus of this position is to provide logistics/reliability engineering capability, with an emphasis on Asset Management, and support to design tasks which both augment the platform in capability and to improve the platform in operational reliability and availability.
Other responsibilities of this position will be:
- Apply Logistics Engineering Analysis (including Root Cause Analysis) to the platform systems to determine reliability issues, failure data, maintenance requirements, supportability requirements and safety considerations
- Logistics Engineering support for design changes to the platform, including updates to FMECA, RCM, LORA, spares assessments
- Undertake Life Cycle Costing activities in supporting design/class service activities
- Analysis of defects and problems reported from operational platforms. Development of remedial and corrective actions to overcome and prevent re-occurrence of such defects and problems
- The development and implementation of Logistics Engineering processes and procedures, as well as the review and validation of vendor, supplied data for completeness, accuracy and applicability are also important tasks this role will undertaking
- Work in collaboration with the Platform Systems Integrator and the CoA to derive the optimum solution
Essential Logistics Engineer Qualifications, technical competencies and experience required:
- Suitable tertiary or equivalent Engineering Qualifications (Electrical/Mechanical or related disciplines)
- Experience in Engineering
- Good understanding of Logistics Engineering, Integrated Logistic Support, and Asset Management fundamentals
- Able to obtain membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia and achieved or pursuing the Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or equivalent
- Able to obtain Australian Defence Security Clearance (hence Australian citizenship is Essential)
Desirable Logistics Engineer competencies and experiences:
- Experience in databases and mass data analysis
- Experience in Asset Management
- Defence industry experience
Ultimately, we are looking for candidates who have high standards of analytical skills, teamwork, personal organisation and effective communication skills with the ability to work unsupervised in a variety of sophisticated technical activities.
For information on our other current roles please visit:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
No agencies please.Submit Resume